Dear Emerson community,
As we prepare for the 2020-2021 academic year to end, I am writing today to once again thank every member of the Emerson community for their part in a successful and productive in-person academic year.
I also write to share the following important updates:
- The test center at 116 Harrison Avenue will shift to a summer schedule beginning on Monday, May 3. That schedule will be: Mondays – Thursdays, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. There will be no testing available Friday – Sunday for the summer months. Additionally, the test center will be closed on Monday, May 31, and Monday, July 5, due to holidays.
- Students who have been approved to remain in College-provided housing, or have been approved for in-person, on-campus student employment after May 4, will be required to continue testing once per week at the testing center at 116 Harrison Avenue. These students will receive specific instructions and information in the near future.
- If you have already left campus for the semester and have received a non-compliance warning message, you can disregard the message, as you will no longer access campus and therefore do not need to test.
- Students who are remaining in Boston but not in College-provided housing and not approved for on-campus employment will not be able to continue testing at the testing center after Tuesday, May 4. Access to campus spaces will end May 4 as well.
- Faculty, staff, and contracted vendors who will be accessing campus after May 4 will be required to continue testing once per week.
- We will no longer utilize the appointment feature on the Emerson App or at testing.emerson.edu after May 4. If you have been approved to test for the summer, you will be given specific instructions on testing dates and times, and it will be your responsibility to adhere to the testing requirements. Your access to campus is contingent on being in compliance with testing.
- If you are in the Boston area and need a COVID-19 test, you can find more information on where to test by following this link.
- If you are staying in the Boston area and in need of a COVID-19 vaccine, more information can be found in my April 14 email message.
We continue to review policies and guidance for the Fall 2021 term and will share more information over the summer.
Thank you and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions.
AVP, Campus Life