Dear Emerson community,
I hope that you are having a wonderful start to the semester.
I’m writing to inform you that from September 18 through September 21, the College will be hosting a visiting team from the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) as part of the College’s ten year re-accreditation process.
The visiting team members include:
· Dr. Michael Geisler (Team Chair), President Emeritus, Manhattanville College
· Annemarie Bartlett, Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness, Salve Regina University
· Dr. Sonia Cardenas, Dean of the Faculty and VPAA, Trinity College
· Dr. Frank E. Eyetsemitan, Professor of Psychology, Feinstein College of Arts & Sciences, Roger Williams University
· Dr. Richard A. Greenwald, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, Fairfield University
· Adela M. Langrock, Director of Assessment & IR, Middlebury College
· Dr. Joshua McIntosh, Vice President for Campus Life, Bates College
· Laura Whitney, Fr. Chief Financial Officer, University of Hartford
On Monday, September 19, from 4:00-4:50 pm ET the visiting team will convene in-person open forum meetings for the community. This will allow community members to speak directly with the visiting team and I urge you to participate in this very important conversation if your calendar allows. Please see the locations for the forums below.
Student Forum: Little Building, Lower Level, SPC Black Box
Staff Forum: Bill Bordy Theatre, 216 Tremont Street
Faculty Forum: Little Building, Lower Level, SPC Theatre
We will also arrange a community forum to discuss together the findings of the report when it becomes available in the coming months.
The re-accreditation review process creates a time for reflection regarding the wonderful progress that Emerson has made in the last ten years and provides a path forward for the College’s continuing success as the premier internationally recognized liberal arts institution devoted to communications and the arts.
Thank you in advance for participating in this important work for our College and please join me in welcoming the visiting team members to our campus.