Dear members of the Emerson community:
As you are aware, a significant Nor’easter is forecasted to impact the Boston area early tomorrow morning with predictions for Blizzard conditions, high snow accumulations and high winds that may cause power outages this weekend. In addition, the City of Boston has declared a Snow Emergency for the city beginning at 9:00 p.m. tonight and officials have warned against travel on Saturday. Therefore, the College will also implement several cancellations and schedule changes for the Boston campus for tomorrow, Saturday, January 29, 2022. Those changes are listed below.
- All classes and academic events scheduled for tomorrow will be canceled.
- All Admissions events scheduled for tomorrow will be canceled.
- All Office of the Arts and Emerson Stage events scheduled for tomorrow will be postponed.
- The Iwasaki Library will post its hours at https://guides.library.emerson.edu/home
- The College bookstore will be closed tomorrow.
- The Dining Center and Max Cafe will be open for normal Saturday hours.
- The Fitness Center will be closed tomorrow.
- The COVID Test Center at 116 Harrison Ave will be closed.
- 172 Tremont is scheduled to be open regular hours.
Any further updates will be posted to the Emerson Today website and communicated via email.
Since the forecast calls for blizzard conditions, we encourage everyone to monitor conditions prior to traveling, and to take appropriate cautions if travel is necessary. Up to date information from the National Weather Service in Boston can be found here.
The College’s Emergency Closing and Delayed Opening policy can be found at www.emerson.edu/policy/emergency-closing-delayed-opening.
Stay warm and please take good care.