As members of our community prepare to return to campus for living, learning and work, we realize that there may be some lingering questions about daily life on the Boston campus and the places and spaces that we enter and visit each day.
Below is a short primer on the latest updates and protocols affecting these locations.
Health and Safety in Classrooms
- Classrooms are now structured with 3 feet of social distancing between seating, as per the current CDC guidelines for educational settings.
- Students and faculty will no longer be required to follow a special entrance/exit plan for classrooms.
- Facilities will continue to supply wipes and sanitizers in classrooms with a sign indicating where you can order more, should you note that a classroom’s supplies have been depleted or are running low. Staff and faculty may continue to order wipes and sanitizer for your office through the VEOCI system: https://veoci.com/v/p/133704/workflow/7r2ujectpv8k
- Certain buildings, such as Ansin, will have signage posted indicating up and down directions for navigating stairwells.
- Elevators in each individual building have their capacities posted in the elevator lobbies.
Gathering Spaces and Services
- Conference rooms are now enhanced with virtual meeting support. In-person meetings can take place at the discretion of managers. Sanitizer and wipes will be made available in the conference rooms
- The Dining Center is operating at full capacity for students, staff, and faculty, with options for both dine-in and grab-and-go. There is no longer a one-way foot traffic pattern for the Dining Center.
- Eco-To-Go containers are available for folks to take the meals from the Dining Center
- The Bookstore and Print Copy shop is open to all campus community members and masks are required. Bookstore capacity currently is 25 people and Print Copy shop is at three.
- Lounges and The Max cafe are at pre-pandemic capacity.
- Should a student test positive for COVID-19 and be placed in quarantine or isolation, they will be provided with a cleaning kit from Facilities and will be responsible for cleaning their own rooms in their residence halls as well as their in suite-style bathrooms.
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to a wonderful Fall semester and a great year.