As the calendar turns to August, we are looking forward to the start of the school year. While we know this will be a challenging semester, we are confident our community will respond effectively to the COVID-19 pandemic challenges and make the most of the Fall 2020 term. As part of our reopening efforts, today we launch Back to Emerson: What to Expect Fall 2020, an interactive Canvas course designed to give you the information you need about returning to campus.
- You will find this course in your dashboard via Canvas, our online learning management system.
- Information in the course will provide you with knowledge about COVID-19, new policies and procedures, and will give you an understanding of what to expect on campus.
- To complete this class and safely return to the Boston campus or attend Emerson Los Angeles (ELA), all students, both undergraduate and graduate, are required to finish a quiz that demonstrates knowledge of the materials covered in the course.
- You will need to pass with at least an 80 percent score before you can move into your assigned campus housing or have your ID activated to gain access to campus buildings. The untimed quiz is contained within the course. You may retake the quiz as many times as needed.
- Students who will not be physically accessing the Boston or Los Angeles campuses this fall do not need to complete the course.
- Students attending ELA will complete an ELA-specific course in addition to this one.
If you have any questions, please contact Student Engagement and Leadership (SEAL) at SEAL@emerson.edu.
Problems Accessing This Course?
Emerson uses a single sign-on (SSO) service called Duo that secures most online campus resources. This is an added layer of safety to ensure that the person signing into your Emerson accounts is actually you!
If you are new to Emerson and have not yet set up Duo, you will need to do so in order to access Canvas. Please refer to our site for Duo information and instructions. Once you have set up Duo, you should be able to access the Canvas course.
If you still can’t get into Canvas, or you are able to log in to Canvas but don’t see the course there, please contact SEAL at SEAL@emerson.edu.
Take good care,
Vice President & Dean of Campus Life