The following is taken from the Athletics Department newsletter. If you or anyone you know would like to be added to the weekly newsletter, email email@example.com.
- The men’s basketball team earned a 1-1 record on the road, defeating the Wheaton (Mass.) Lyons 80-68 on January 19 after a late surge to pull away in the last five minutes of the game. Jack O’Connor ’20 led all scorers with 25 points.
- Women’s basketball also went 1-1 on the week, earning a win against the Fisher Falcons at the Brown & Plofker Gym on January 16. Sam Boyle ’21 led all Emerson players with 22 points in the victory.
- Men’s basketball fell away from home against the WPI Engineers January 16 in a close NEWMAC game, 65-63 in regulation.
- Women’s basketball fell on January 19 against the Smith Pioneers in a 68-59 NEWMAC battle.
- Women’s and men’s basketball host a NEWMAC doubleheader on Wednesday, January 23, starting at 5:30 pm, with the women against Wheaton (Mass.). The men take on Babson starting at 7:30 pm
- Men’s volleyball opens their season on Saturday, January 26, taking on St. Joseph’s (New York) and Nichols in a tri-match starting at 12:00 pm.
- Women’s and men’s basketball go on the road against NEWMAC opponents on Saturday, January 26. The women travel to take on Springfield College at 1:00 pm, and the men cross the Charles River to face No. 9 MIT at 2:00 pm.
Emerson Athletics Golf Tournament
- The 20th Annual Emerson College Athletics Golf Outing will be held Monday, May 13, at Ferncroft Country Club in Middleton, Massachusetts. The shotgun start is scheduled for 11:00 am sharp. Sign-ups have started; reserve your spot here.
(Visited 70 times, 1 visits today)