Eric Drysdale ’93 and Joe Celli ’91 recently won 2010 Primetime Emmy Awards. Drysdale won for Outstanding Writing for a Variety, Music, or Comedy Series for his work as a writer on The Colbert Report episode #5076 (in Iraq). Celli won for Outstanding Art Direction for Variety, Music, or Nonfiction Programming for his work as art director for the 82nd Annual Academy Awards.
The categories that Celli and Drysdale won were announced at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards presentation on Saturday, August 21.
In the weeks leading up to the Emmys, Emerson news station WEBN traveled around Los Angeles to interview nominees and others involved with the awards ceremony. The WEBN team will produce a half-hour show that will run on the Emerson network as well as on Boston–area cable channels.
Some of the interviews they scored include:
- Jane Lynch, Actress on Glee
- Tommy Moran, Executive Producer of House
- Marion Edwards, President of TV Distribution at Fox
- Chris Montan, President of Walt Disney Music
- Matt Barrie, Executive Producer of Desperate Housewives
- Screenwriters Willie Block ’08 and Jake Emanuel ’08
- and Todd Greenwald ’91, Executive Producer of Wizards of Waverly Place.