Dear Emerson community:
A winter storm is forecasted to impact the Boston area early tomorrow morning and throughout the day, with significant snowfall predicted to make the morning and afternoon commutes particularly difficult. Given this forecast, the City of Boston and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts have issued snow emergencies for tomorrow. Therefore, the College will move to online classes, when possible, for the Boston campus tomorrow and will limit in-person activities through tomorrow evening, when the storm is anticipated to diminish.
Staff will not be required to physically report to campus unless their position is deemed essential. Non-essential employees should coordinate remote work with their managers. As always, safety is the first priority in weather emergency related closings. If essential staff feel unsafe to travel to the campus due to the weather conditions, they should notify their supervisor immediately, and can elect to use a vacation day, personal day, or unpaid leave for the day.
Classes on Tuesday, February 13:
- All classes scheduled for tomorrow will move to an online modality or will be rescheduled, at the professor’s discretion. Students should expect to hear from their professors regarding classes.
The following College facilities will be CLOSED Tuesday, February 13:
- Fitness Center
- College Bookstore
- Equipment Distribution Center
- Emerson Production editing suites
- Office of the Arts venues
The following facilities and services have MODIFIED services and hours on Tuesday, February 13:
- Help Desk will be open for remote service only.
- The Iwasaki Library will be open from 1:00-9:00 PM. https://guides.library.emerson.edu/home
- The Wellness Center will be physically closed, but some existing appointments may be moved online. Providers will be in contact with students. Questions should be directed to Emersonwellnesscenter@emerson.edu. Online resources remain available at the EmWell Hub. Emergency situations should be directed to the Tufts Medical Emergency Room or other local providers.
OPEN normal hours:
- Dining Center and Max Cafe
- 172 Tremont
- Computer labs (providing that the buildings that house the labs remain open)
- Student events scheduled for tomorrow, although students should check with event organizers for details.
Any further updates will be posted to the Emerson Today website and communicated via email.
We encourage everyone to monitor conditions prior to traveling, and to take appropriate caution if travel is necessary. Up to date information from the National Weather Service in Boston can be found here.
The College’s Emergency Closing and Delayed Opening policy can be found at www.emerson.edu/policy/emergency-closing-delayed-opening.
Be safe and take good care.