On April 18, 2022, the Boston Marathon returns to Boston!
What to Know for Marathon Weekend:
- April 15 is One Boston Day – Learn how you can participate and be a part of this tradition that encourages kindness throughout our city https://www.onebostonday.org/.
- One Boston Day | 2:00 pm | Boylston Street Memorials: In remembrance of the victims of 2013, there will be a wreath-laying at each of the memorials located on Boylston Street. There will be a performance by Dorchester Bay’s Boston City Singers and a moment of silence will be observed at 2:49 pm ET.
- Boston Marathon Fan Fest will include live music, speakers, and entertainment on April 15, 16, and 17.
- If you plan to watch in person, know the safety guidelines and restrictions for your area.
- Follow additional safety rules outlined by Boston Police here.
- Avoid driving and be aware of road closures as they may impact your neighborhood. Consider BlueBikes should you need another transit option.
- MBTA will have some service adjustments, including Copley Station being closed for the day.
How to Plan an Amazing Marathon Monday:
- First, make a plan! Determine with your friends and roommates what events you want to attend, and have a time and place to meet up should anyone get separated. Make sure to charge your phone too!
- Want to watch from a specific location? Make your brunch reservations and plan to arrive at your viewing location early to find a spot.
- Play by the rules. If you plan to host a gathering at your apartment, know social host laws, and prevent the spread of COVID – don’t go if you do not feel well. The Emerson Code of Community Standards still applies off campus!
- Stay informed! Follow the city of Boston on Twitter (@cityofboston) for alerts and updates.
- Sign up for City of Boston alerts a boston.gov/alert
- Need something else for your three-day weekend? Use the opportunity to explore Boston! Check out events happening here. For a more spontaneous, or “secret” list, visit Secret Boston.
(Visited 203 times, 1 visits today)