We know many members of our community are impacted by the situation unfolding in Eastern Europe, specifically the ongoing attacks within Ukraine. Some in our community are directly impacted as they manage concerns for family and loved ones in the region, while for others this conflict may surface past traumas. We join others around the world in our concern for the welfare and safety of those in Ukraine, Russia, and surrounding countries who are already vulnerable and further impacted by this violence.
Please know that there are a variety of campus resources available to students, and we encourage you to connect with those as needed. These include:
- Counseling & Psychological Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of International Student Affairs: OISA@emerson.edu
- The Campus Life Staff: email@example.com
- Intercultural Student Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Center for Spiritual Life: email@example.com
- Healing and Advocacy Collective: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Justice Center: email@example.com
- Student Success: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Care & Support: email@example.com
These and other resources are outlined further here.
OPEN HOUR FOR CONVERSATION & SUPPORT
On Monday, February 28, from 4:00 to 5:00pm, Julie Avis Rogers, chaplain and director for Spiritual Life, and Andrea Popa, director of International Student Services, will host a virtual open drop-in hour for those who would find comfort in gathering with others online. You can find more information at EmConnect, including the Zoom link.
Please take good care,
Vice President and Dean, Campus Life