Dear members of the Emerson community:
As you are likely aware, a winter storm is forecasted to impact the Boston area early tomorrow morning and through the day, with significant snowfall predicted to make the morning commute particularly difficult. Therefore, the College will move to online classes for the Boston campus tomorrow and limit in-person activities through 5:00 pm, when the storm is anticipated to diminish. Staff who can work from home tomorrow are encouraged to do so with approval from their manager.
Details are listed below:
- All classes scheduled for tomorrow will move to an online modality, or will be rescheduled at the professor’s discretion.
- Students should expect to hear from their professors regarding classes.
- All Admissions events scheduled for tomorrow during the day will be canceled.
- The Fitness Center will be closed tomorrow.
- The College bookstore will be closed tomorrow.
- The COVID Test Center at 116 Harrison Ave will be closed tomorrow.
- The EDC will be operating with a reduced staff tomorrow between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Students with questions should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Office of the Arts and Emerson Stage events scheduled for tomorrow after 5 p.m. will continue as scheduled.
- Student Events scheduled after 5 p.m. will continue as scheduled.
- The Iwasaki Library will post its hours at https://guides.library.emerson.edu/home
- The Dining Center and Max Cafe will be open for normal hours.
- 172 Tremont is scheduled to be open regular hours.
Any further updates will be posted to the Emerson Today website and communicated via email.
We encourage everyone to monitor conditions prior to traveling, and to take appropriate caution if travel is necessary. Up to date information from the National Weather Service in Boston can be found here.
The College’s Emergency Closing and Delayed Opening policy can be found at www.emerson.edu/policy/emergency-closing-delayed-opening.
Be safe and take good care.