Dear ELA Spring 2022 community,
You should have received this email last week from President Gilligan. There are some ELA specifics which are outlined below.
- Vaccine/Boosters — Please make sure you are fully vaccinated and boosted as soon as you are eligible. Here is the FAQ about this for students. Here is the FAQ for faculty and staff.
- Quarantine/Isolation — ELA will also be following the five-day Q/I period. Individuals in Q/I will only be released from Q/I if they are asymptomatic AND show a negative rapid antigen test on day 5.
- Masks — A surgical mask, KN95, or N95 mask is required while at ELA. Appropriate masks will be issued to everyone and there will be spares at the front security desk, if you are in need of an emergency one. Remember that masks are required in classes, as such there is no eating or drinking in classrooms.
- Testing — ELA will be testing every Tuesday via a PCR test. While prior infections may still show up on this test, everyone will still be required to test weekly. ELA is also in the process of securing rapid antigen tests to be used during the first weeks of the term. More information will be coming shortly. Please keep in mind that asymptomatic people can still have enough viral load to infect others. The rapid test will help us catch these cases quickly so we can prevent any spread on campus.
- In person / Remote — Reminder that ELA is currently scheduled to be remote on January 20 and 21. In-person classes at ELA are scheduled to begin on January 24. Please note that the College will continue to monitor government regulations at the federal, state, and local level, as well as public health and medical guidance. Along with these resources, we will evaluate what is in the best interest of our community to promote safety and we may make adjustments to classroom experiences, residential options, student services, and activities, as we determine at our discretion. Any statements we make about in-person experiences are not guarantees.
Students: Please do not forget that you need to complete your required Online Orientation prior to checking in. You will find valuable resources and information there about your time at ELA and it must be completed in order to move into the building.
We look forward to seeing everyone in a few days! Please stay safe as you make your way to LA.
Timothy P. Chang (he/him/his)
Associate VP & Chief Operations Officer
Emerson College Los Angeles