Dear ELA community,
Thank you for your healthy habits this past week. We are back to ZEROcases after hitting three cases last week. Cases in the Los Angeles area are also down, meaning that we are representative of the good news from the region. Since the beginning of the term we have administered 1380 tests to 221 unique people with 5 confirmed positive cases. This represents a 0.3% test positivity rate since the beginning of the term.
Please be mindful of the following as we move forward into another week:
- The next test date is Tuesday, October 5, 2021.
- The flu shot is available at several local pharmacies, please strongly consider getting one to protect yourself and the community from illness.
- Keep your masks on at all times when in the building (exceptions for alone in your own space or actively eating or drinking outdoors).
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus. Maintain a safe distance from others as much as possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Should you be aware of violations of COVID policy, they can be reported here.
Thank you and have a safe weekend.
Timothy P. Chang (he/him/his)
Associate VP & Chief Operations Officer
Emerson College Los Angeles