Dear members of the Emerson community:
We hope that the first week of the academic term is going well. We are writing today to share an update on the College’s vaccination rates and provide reminders about our testing requirements.
As of today, we are proud to share that collectively, close to 100 percent of our community is in compliance with reporting their vaccination status, and over 96 percent have been vaccinated. As Dr. Laura Kogelman, from Tufts Medical Center, shared at our open forums, this percentage is excellent news and helps us have confidence in our decision for in-person teaching and learning. Thank you to everyone for helping to make the Emerson community safer this semester. A breakdown of vaccination rates by faculty, staff, and students will be uploaded to the Emerson COVID Dashboard and updated as necessary.
Tufts Medical Center will begin using pooled testing for Emerson on Tuesday, September 7. Please view this video to learn more about the test process for Fall 2021 and procedures for pooled testing. Please keep in mind these important reminders:
- You MUST sign up for a regular weekly testing cohort. You can do this through the Emerson App.
- Please do NOT arrive at the test center prior to 8:00 am. The test center opens at that time, and out of respect for our community neighbors, we ask that you do not queue up outside the test center prior to 8:00 am.
- Masks are required at all times in the test center (as well as on campus).
- The test center hours this fall term are Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and Fridays, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
- If you are experiencing any COVID symptoms, please call the Tufts Respiratory Center (617-636-3686) to schedule a separate test.
Please note the test center will be closed on Monday, September 6, for the Labor Day holiday. If you are in a Monday testing cohort, please plan to test on Tuesday, September 7.
Thank you and be well,
AVP, Campus Life