It’s the first week of classes in Boston and Los Angeles, and our students in Paris and Kasteel Well will get started over the next couple of weeks. Wherever you are in the world, I hope you’re doing well.
This email contains a few reminders for students on the Boston campus about important Fall term information.
First of all, WELCOME BACK! It’s been so incredible to see campus coming to life again.
- Don’t forget to complete your symptom checker. You can find this on the Emerson App, under the One Emerson tab. Please complete the symptom checker every day before you begin your routine, and stay home if you are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms.
- Don’t forget to sign up for your weekly testing time (also via the Emerson app) and to maintain that regularly scheduled time. You must receive a negative result on your first baseline test before accessing campus in order to begin attending classes.
- Don’t forget to bring your face covering to campus (no exhaust valves, gaiters, or bandanas). If you need face coverings, please let us know. You’ll be required to wear them inside campus buildings at least through September 17, but perhaps longer depending on Boston city ordinances.
- All students have submitted verification of receiving the COVID vaccine or have been approved for an exemption. If you have not done so, your access to campus has been disabled. Please check your emerson.edu email for directions if this impacts you.
- Most campus spaces are once again open to all community members and functioning with increased occupancy. This means all students, regardless of where you live, are welcome to use spaces in 172 Tremont, the Lion’s Den, etc.
COVID Information and Policies
Do you have questions about College policy or information communicated in past emails?
Check the One Emerson site at: https://www.emerson.edu/one-emerson. You’ll find a helpful list of FAQ’s and lots of useful information.
Thank you to everyone who has assisted with the return to campus efforts thus far. I also appreciate everyone’s attention to the COVID-related safety protocols still in effect. It’s great that we are able to resume many of our previous activities, but it’s still vitally important that everyone remain thoughtful and do their part to keep our community safe and functioning.
WOW! Week of Welcome Is Here
Are you feeling the W.O.W.: Week of Welcome? Keep an eye out for W.O.W. events starting today and running through September 6, including:
- Wednesday from 1:00-4:00 pm, 172 Tremont Open House (including the return of the Duck Hunt!)
- Thursday from 1:00-2:00 pm, Self Care Fair in the Student Performance Center (LB)
- Thursday at 8:00 pm, Open Mic Night in the Student Performance Center (LB)
- Friday from 12:00-3:00 pm, the Student Organization Fair in three locations: Bordy (216 Tremont), Gym (Piano Row) and Student Performance Center (LB)
Be sure to check EmConnect for more information on these and all the other great Week of Welcome events. I’m looking forward to a great year, and hope you are too.
Vice President and Dean for Campus Life