You’ve received quite a bit of COVID-related email this week, so we wanted to recap a few important highlights.
Concluding the Stay in Your Room Directive
If you have not seen the email, you can find it here. A few key takeaways:
- We’re glad that the situation has begun to normalize, but it is way too easy for another spike to occur. Please pay close attention to the safety guidelines! Distance, face coverings, handwashing, and limiting close contact — even outside!
- Be sure to pay attention to the ongoing visitation restrictions in residence halls (only you in your room, no guests even if they are from the same building!). If you live off-campus, please follow the same guidance.
- Please remember that being identified as a close contact requires 10-14 days of isolation or quarantine, and could result in the need to change departure plans at the end of the semester.
- Even if you are outside, please maintain social distancing, keep your mask on, and limit the number of people in your group.
If you have not seen the email you can find it here. A few key takeaways:
- You can pre-register with the state of Massachusetts here, to be notified when you are eligible to receive the vaccine.
- You can search for vaccination availability through these sites: vaxfinder.mass.gov, macovidvaccines.com, CVS, or Walgreens. If you have been a patient at a major health system in the area (Beth Israel, Lahey, Mass General Brigham,Tufts, etc.) you might be eligible to receive the vaccine through one of these systems as well.
- If you need to extend your stay in on-campus residences to be able to complete the vaccine sequence before departing, please apply through the housing portal and please do so by April 26. We want to support as many people as we can to get the vaccine.
- Please upload verification that you have received the vaccine to the Student Health Portal.
- All safety protocols and procedures remain in effect, even if you have received all doses of a vaccine!
For Student Organizations
If you have not seen the email you can find it here.
- Student organization activity can begin happening again as of April 15. Please pay extra attention to safety guidelines.The goal is to limit close contacts; are your activities contributing to or detracting from the safety of the community?
- City of Boston safety guidelines apply, as well as Emerson College regulations.
- You can find more information on Spacebook and EmConnect.
Preparing to Depart from Boston
|The end of a term can be stressful even in pre-COVID circumstances. Just a reminder there are resources available and people to help.|
A reminder that flex classes continue through May 3. Please be sure you have confirmation from professors in advance of making decisions about altering attendance or planning departure plans.
The next COVID Q&A is scheduled for Wednesday, April 21, at 6:00 pm (see EmConnect). Let us know if you have questions or concerns in the interim. We’re almost to the end of the semester, but the need to care for, support, and strengthen our community continues on.
Take good care,
Vice President & Dean for Campus Life