Dear Members of the Emerson Community,
As we await the final results from this consequential and historic presidential election, the College continues to monitor events and activities that are taking place. While uncertainties remain as results are tabulated, we are committed to ensuring our community remains safe and secure. The College will continue to keep temporary safety measures and scheduling changes in place through Thursday, November 5.
● All in-person Flex classes on Thursday, November 5 will remain shifted to an online modality. Regular Flex classes are scheduled to resume on Friday. All remote classes will continue as scheduled.
● On Thursday, November 5, 172 Tremont, the Fitness Center, and the Library will close early at 6 p.m.
● On Thursday beginning at 6 p.m., all buildings will be restricted to tap-access for the rest of the evening and will return to normal operations at 7 a.m. on Friday morning.
● Managers are encouraged to assess operations and reduce the number of staff on campus, where possible, through Thursday, November 5. Staff in Facilities Services, Dining Services, Emerson College Police Department, Campus Life and Housing and Residential Education will continue to operate at or near full-staffing levels.
● The COVID-19 Testing Center will be open and maintain its regular schedule. Students, faculty, and staff scheduled to take their COVID-19 test at Tufts Medical Center on Thursday, November 5 may take their test as planned or use the app to reschedule.
● ECPD will continue to focus on keeping our residence halls, theatres and administrative offices and academic offices safe and secure for community members. As you know, the College has boarded up some of our most public facing spaces out of an abundance of caution and will keep this protection in place for the time being.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please know we will continue to keep you informed and updated over the coming days.