Dear members of the Emerson community,
On the morning of this historic election, uncertainty and anxiety in our community are widespread, just as they are across the nation. Although we hope that the presidential election and its aftermath will be peaceful, the College is putting into place safety measures and scheduling changes starting Tuesday, November 3, at 6:00 pm ET through Wednesday, November 4.
● Beginning Tuesday, November 3, at 6:00 pm, and ending 10:00 pm, Wednesday, November 4, all in-person Flex classes will shift to an online modality. Regular Flex classes are scheduled to resume on Thursday. All remote classes will continue as scheduled.
● On Tuesday, November 3, 172 Tremont, the Fitness Center, and the Library will close early at 6:00 pm. On Wednesday morning, they will reopen at their regular times, but will again close early at 6:00 pm Wednesday evening.
● Beginning at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, all buildings will be restricted to tap-access for the rest of the evening, and will return to normal operations at 7:00 am on Wednesday morning. Buildings will again return to tap access starting at 6:00 pm on Wednesday evening.
● Managers are encouraged to assess operations and reduce the number of staff on campus, where possible, beginning Tuesday, November 3, at 6:00 pm, through Wednesday, November 4. Staff in Facilities Services, Dining Services, Emerson College Police Department, Campus Life and Housing and Residential Education will continue to operate at or near full-staffing levels.
● The COVID-19 Testing Center will be open and maintain its regular schedule. Students, faculty, and staff scheduled to take their COVID-19 test at Tufts Medical Center on Wednesday, November 4, may take their test as planned or use the app to reschedule.
● ECPD will focus on keeping our residence halls, theaters, and administrative offices and academic offices safe and secure for community members. Out of an abundance of caution, the College will board up some of our spaces beginning today.
We are grateful for your patience and understanding. We will continue to keep you informed and updated over the next several days.