Dear Emerson Community,
As the College begins a new academic year, we at the Emerson College Police Department would like to wish everyone a safe and prosperous year. The ECPD would also like to remind the community of a few safety tips to practice in any situation to keep safe.
- Watch for suspicious persons or activity.
- Be aware of your surroundings, and be alert to who is near you.
- When walking, stay in well-lit areas and walk in numbers if possible
- When walking, keep to commonly traveled routes
- Avoid all shortcuts and isolated areas, stay to well-traveled areas.
- If threatened, if possible try to bring attention to the situation.
- Trust your instincts and use common sense. If something feels wrong more times, than not your instincts will be correct.
The ECPD would like to remind you that we provide safety escorts to members of the community 24 hours a day, seven days a week, upon request. This service will provide students, faculty, and staff with walking or motor vehicle escort between locations on campus, as well as to the Park Street MBTA station, to the Washington Street MBTA station, the Arlington Street MBTA station, and points in between.
Please report all criminal or suspicious activity to the ECPD on campus at 617-824-8888, or the Boston Police at 911 off campus.
Deputy Chief Eric Schiazza