Dear ELA community,
After yesterday’s COVID update confirming one positive case, TWO MORE confirmed cases came in overnight from this Tuesday’s tests. All the individuals who tested positive are in isolation and we are in the process of conducting ELA contact tracing with the support of the LA County Department of Public Health.
Prior to this week, we had two confirmed positive cases since the start of the term. Now, with three confirmed positive cases from this past week alone — bringing our total to five — I want to emphasize that it is critically important for you to do your part to keep our community safe
This is not the time to relax or ease up on COVID safety measures. Everyone at ELA needs to continue to be vigilant and safe, so that we can continue to maintain a healthy community. Let’s get back to zero cases for the next test.
- Turn in your tests every Tuesday.
- Wear your masks at all times when you are in public and in the building (except for when you are alone in your own space or are actively eating/drinking outdoors).
- Maintain a safe social distance when possible.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sanitize your hands if soap and water are not available.
- Monitor your health. Stay home if you feel sick.
- Avoid crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Take extra care when going off campus.
- Get a flu shot, if you are able.
Thank you for all you have done to contain any potential spread. Let’s continue to make the health of our community a top priority.
Timothy P. Chang (he/him/his)
Associate VP & Chief Operations Officer
Emerson College Los Angeles