Dear ELA community,
After two weeks of ZERO cases, we have ONE confirmed case from this Tuesday’s tests. The individual who tested positive took proactive steps by immediately isolating and notifying us of their test result. Once we were informed of the positive case, we commenced with our ELA contact tracing and found that all ELA close contacts tested negative. The LA County Department of Public Health has also been notified of the case and is guiding us on our response.
Since the beginning of the term we have administered 1,123 tests to 220 unique people with 3 confirmed positive cases.
Thank you to everyone for working with us to identify and contain any potential spread of the virus. Please be mindful of the following as we move forward into another week:
- The next test date is Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
- Keep your masks on at all times when in the building (exceptions for alone in your own space or actively eating or drinking outdoors).
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread the virus. Maintain a safe distance from others as much as possible.
- The flu shot is available at several local pharmacies, please strongly consider getting one to protect yourself and the community from illness.
- Monitor your health and seek help if you feel you are not 100% healthy.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Should you be aware of violations of COVID policy, they can be reported here.
Your diligence and efforts are resulting in a very healthy ELA community. Thank you.
Timothy P. Chang (he/him/his)
Associate VP & Chief Operations Officer
Emerson College Los Angeles