Dear Emerson Community:
The deadline to apply for Emerson Enhancement Fund (EEF) grants has been extended to Monday, April 13.
The College is able to offer the Emerson Enhancement Fund each semester to help support extracurricular experiences for students. Both graduate and undergraduate students with identified financial need can apply for awards of $250–$4,000 each to enrich their collegiate experience through extracurricular programming. The funds must be used for Summer and Fall 2020 term projects. For projects that will occur during the Spring 2021 semester, please apply during the Fall 2020 semester.
Educational extracurricular opportunities that are eligible for EEF consideration include, but are not limited to: unpaid internships, study abroad travel expenses, film projects, educational research, conference travel, and other plans that will enrich students’ experiences beyond regular classroom interaction.
Interested graduate and undergraduate students must complete the application form available online on the EEF information page www.emerson.edu/financial-aid/emerson-enhancement-fund. The Money Matters financial literacy program is available to help any student in need of assistance with creating their budget. Students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
The deadline for EFF applications is Monday, April 13. Selected applicants will be notified by Monday, April 27 .
Successful applications will:
· Be able to demonstrate financial need as determined by the Office of Financial Aid (all financial aid applications must be complete);
· Detail clearly the nature of the proposed initiative;
· Provide an explanation as to why this initiative is of particular interest;
· Explain the anticipated impact of the grant upon his or her Emerson experience;
· Provide a simple budget form that details how the money will be spent during the academic year; and
· Provide a brief statement of support from a faculty or staff member.
Once the Office of Financial Aid has determined eligibility, the EEF Grant Committee will review qualified requests. EEF committee members include: Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs, Director of Financial Aid, Director of Student Success, and the Senior Advisor to Academic Affairs for Undergraduate Education.
We hope that many students will be able to make use of the EEF opportunity to enrich their Emerson College education.
Vice President for Enrollment Management