Office of the Arts will suspend activities in the spaces until further notice.
Slowing the spread of the virus in our community, and our world, is of paramount importance for all of us. We have remained in close communication with national and local officials and public health agencies to remain up to date on the best strategies for flattening the curve.
We aim to safeguard the health of our students, faculty, and staff, and the region’s public health infrastructure in this fast-moving moment, and therefore we are following guidance from national and local public health agencies, including the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Boston Public Health Commission, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
We want to amplify wisdom in the CDC anti-stigma guidelines issued recently regarding coronavirus. Collectively, we must focus on the disease that is causing the problem and avoid casting blame on individuals, cultures, or nationalities.
Emerson Cutler Majestic Theatre: Activity suspended as of March 12
Emerson Paramount Center:
- Robert J. Orchard Stage: Activity suspended as of March 13
- Jackie Liebergott Black Box: Activity suspended as of March 13
- Bright Family Screening Room: Activity suspended as of March 13
- Studios: Open Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (subject to change; no weekend or night bookings)
- Faculty: Book through normal channels of the Performing Arts Department administrator.
- Students: Book through SpaceBook. All normal restrictions apply.
- No yoga mats or blocks will be issued.
- No food or drink allowed.
Tufte Performance & Production Center
- Greene Theater: Activity suspended as of March 14
- Semel Theater: Activity suspended as of March 13