Updated: 3/16/20: Some of the information in this announcement may have changed. For the most up-to-date information about Emerson’s Shared Sick Bank Program, visit the HR webpage.
Emerson College is excited to announce the launch of a Shared Sick Bank Program! The Program gives all benefits eligible staff in Massachusetts and California working more than twenty (20) hours per week and having more than 10 days of available sick time (accrued and unused) the opportunity to donate a portion of their available sick time to a shared bank that will help support colleagues in the Emerson community.
Open enrollment begins on Wednesday, September 19, 2018 and goes thru Tuesday, October 2, 2018. You will have ten (10) business days to enroll and donate sick days. Your next opportunity to donate will be in February 2019.
Staff may request a withdrawal starting on Thursday, November 1 2018.
Here are some of the highlights of the Shared Sick Bank Program:
- The Program will provide staff with an opportunity to voluntarily and confidentially donate a portion of their accrued and unused sick time.
- Donations of sick time will go to support colleagues in need of additional paid time off from work due to their own catastrophic illness or injury or to care for an immediate family member with a catastrophic illness or injury.
- Staff working a 40 hour week can donate up to four (4) days or thirty-two (32) hours per year.
- Staff working a 36.25 hour week can donate up to four (4) days or twenty-nine (29) hours per year.
- If staff meet the criteria for withdrawal, they may request up to twenty (20) days of sick time per year.
- Decisions regarding the award of donated time will be determined by a third party vendor.
- See the attached Shared Sick Bank Program description for more information
TO DONATE SICK TIME: Complete the attached Sick Time Donation Form and email it to Julie_Spataro@emerson.edu.
TO REQUEST SICK TIME: Complete the attached Sick Time Request Form and email it to Julie_Spataro@emerson.edu.
We will hold Q&A sessions regarding the Program. Invitations to these sessions will arrive soon. Sessions are scheduled for:
Thursday, September 20, 1:00 PM – 1:45 PM, L151, 150 Boylston St, Campus Center, Lower Level
Thursday, September 27, 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM, Multi-Purpose Room, 150 Boylston St, Campus Center
To Be Announced Soon..
You are welcome to contact me with any questions you may have.
Leave of Absence Administrator