Dear Emerson Community:
We hope you had a great winter break and look forward to welcoming you back on campus. We are writing to provide guidance as you prepare for your return to campus and an update regarding COVID-19.
The health and safety of our community remain a high priority at Emerson College. The CDC recently elevated Suffolk County’s COVID-19 community risk level from medium to high. We urge members of the Emerson community to take precautions and recommend the following steps to protect yourself from the recent surge in COVID-19 cases:
- Get your bivalent booster as soon as possible. This updated booster provides additional protection against COVID-19 and the Omicron variants. If you are not up-to-date with your COVID-19 vaccines, you can find a list of sites and clinics that offer the COVID-19 vaccines here. As a reminder, students who are not in compliance with the College’s immunization requirements or do not have an approved exemption on file will have a COVID-19 hold placed on their ID. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have a recent exposure, please take a COVID-19 test before attending any gatherings, going to work, or returning to campus.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, stay home and isolate for the recommended time per CDC guidelines.
- The College encourages the use of well-fitting, high-quality masks when indoors, using public transportation, or in other situations where you are close to others. Health experts inform us that wearing a mask is one of the best ways to protect yourself not only from COVID-19 but from the flu and other respiratory illnesses.
- Don’t forget to get your flu shot! The flu vaccine is available at your local pharmacy and clinic.
Reminder: Preparing for Your Return from Winter Break
We strongly encourage students to take a COVID-19 test before traveling back to Boston, but you will not need to provide the result to the College. If you are symptomatic, do not travel to campus, and seek the guidance of your primary care provider. If you test positive during the winter break, please contact your primary care provider and complete the COVID-19 Self-Report Form. If your isolation conflicts with your return to campus, students will need to contact their professors to report their absence and make arrangements for completing their studies and assignments. Students should not travel to campus while in the isolation period. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Negative COVID-19 Test Required for Air Travel from China, Hong Kong, or Macau to U.S.
The CDC announced negative COVID-19 tests are now required for all air travelers entering the U.S. from China, Hong Kong, or Macau, and those traveling from Seoul, Toronto, and Vancouver who have been in China, Hong Kong, or Macau in the past 10 days. If you have questions about your specific travel situation, please contact the Office of International Student Affairs (OISA) at email@example.com.
For Faculty and Staff
If you test positive during the winter break or become symptomatic when you are scheduled to return to campus, please contact your primary care provider and notify your manager or supervisor. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emerson Los Angeles
Students, faculty and staff at Emerson Los Angeles will receive information relevant to that campus directly from staff on sight.
Students preparing to travel to Kasteel Well will receive specific guidance/information from program directors.
Students in the Global BFA program will receive any relevant information from staff at the Paris College of Art.
Associate Director of Community Health and Engagement
Emerson Wellness Center