Dear Members of the Emerson Community:
The federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), 20 U.S.C. § 1092, requires that certain colleges and universities publish an annual report concerning various campus safety-related policies and procedures, as well as campus crime and fire statistics. The law requires that the College provide notice of the availability of the report to all currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. Prospective students and employees are entitled to request and receive a copy of the report.
I am pleased to announce that today the College published the following annual reports for:
- 2022 Boston Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics, and Fire Safety Report;
- 2022 Emerson College Los Angeles Center Security Policies, Crime Statistics and Fire Safety Report and;
- 2022 European Center, Kasteel Well, the Netherlands Campus Security Policies, Crime Statistics, and Fire Safety Report.
Each report contains important safety and security information, including policies concerning:
- Campus Law Enforcement
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Campus Facilities (Security and Access)
- Crime Prevention & Wellness Education
- Sex Offender Registry Information
- Campus Security Authorities
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures
- Timely Warning and Emergency Notifications
- Missing Students Notification
- Sexual Misconduct
- Confidentiality & Privacy
- Health & Safety
The reports also contain statistics of certain crimes and disciplinary matters reported to Emerson College in years 2019, 2020, and 2021 that had occurred on-campus, in College residential facilities, in non-campus buildings or property, and on public property adjacent to campus.
In addition, the reports for the Boston, Los Angeles, and Netherlands campuses contain important fire safety information including;
- College Fire Safety Policies
- Emergency Procedures
- Descriptions of Residential Facilities Fire Safety Systems
- The Number of Fire Drills Held at Residential Facilities Each Year
- Fire Safety Training and Education
- Fire Statistical Report
- Fire Safety Tips
Each report is available by clicking on the link below.
Requests for a paper copy of each report can be submitted via email to Robert_Smith@emerson.edu, or requests can be made in person at the Emerson Police Department, which is located at 114 Boylston Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Emerson College Police Department at 617-824-8555 if we can be of assistance.
Best wishes for a safe, healthy, and successful year at Emerson College.
Chief Robert Smith
Emerson College Police