Dear members of the Emerson community,
As the state and our local communities continue to see an increase in COVID-19 vaccination rates, and an easing of health and safety restrictions, the College is also prepared to revise its regulations for those living, learning, and working on campus. From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Emerson’s decisions and protocols have been developed and adjusted to reflect best practices, government regulations, and guidance from Tufts Medical Center, the Boston Public Health Commission, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. With new changes to state and local restrictions, effective June 1, 2021, the policies and guidelines outlined below will be in place for the Emerson Boston campus this June.
- Masks will still be required while in campus buildings and spaces, except for your private office or residence hall room, regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are no longer required outdoors around campus, in the city and around Massachusetts.
- Distancing restrictions within campus spaces will be eased.
- Meeting room and space capacities on campus will begin to return to pre-COVID capacities on a room-by-room basis. Room capacity will be reflected on Spacebook.
- All reservations are for Summer 2021 only.
- Room reservations for Fall 2021 will begin later this summer.
- Classroom capacities will be updated and posted prior to the start of the fall term.
- All testing requirements remain in place. As a reminder, faculty and staff who are on campus for more than one day per week must test weekly. Students who have been approved to live and work on campus this summer must continue to test weekly as well. This applies for those that are fully vaccinated. *Please note that the test center will be closed on Monday, May 31, for the Memorial Day holiday.
- You must still complete the Daily Symptom Check (on the Emerson App) any day you are coming to campus, regardless of how frequently you visit campus. It should be completed at least 15 minutes prior to coming to campus or leaving your residence. If you are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, please do not come to campus.
- Residence hall guests are still not permitted at this time for the summer term. More information and updates will be provided by Housing and Residential Education.
- Non-Emerson guests and visitors will be permitted on campus in non-residential communities. They must be registered in advance in iVisitor and follow all College policies and protocols. They may only come to campus if they are feeling well and not experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, and if they have not been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
The College is prepared to revise these health and safety restrictions further as conditions improve and vaccination rates for our campus community increase. We will continue to communicate updates and changes throughout the summer.
As a reminder, all students studying in person in the fall must be fully vaccinated prior to arrival and must upload their vaccination records to their Student Health Record by July 15, 2021, unless they have an approved medical or religious exemption.
We thank all members of the Emerson community for their continued cooperation and support of the safety of our community. Please reach out if you have any questions or need additional information.
AVP, Campus Life