Dear Undergraduate Students,
As we begin the new semester, we wanted to note that the final day to request a change in modality for Spring 2021 (Flex to Online-Only or Online-Only to Flex) is Monday, January 25.
With classes starting on Tuesday, January 19, we hope that your modality is already confirmed and you are registered for the appropriate spring coursework. However if you have not made a final decision, or if you still need to register for classes, please follow the instructions below:
- If you want to change to Flex or Online-Only, and you’re certain which classes you want to take, and you confirmed there are still open seats available – contact the Registrar’s Office at 617-824-8660 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that your modality can be updated, which will allow you to register for your preferred classes.
- If you want to change to Flex or Online-Only, but need further guidance regarding your spring course options – connect with the Academic Advising Center via their virtual walk-in hours (emerson.edu/walkins) so that an Academic Advisor can assist you.
- If you don’t know whether to choose Flex or Online-Only or if you’re considering a Leave of Absence – contact the Office of Student Success at 617-824-8650 or email@example.com so that their team can assist you.
Some important things to consider:
- Most courses are fully enrolled, so the longer you wait to make a decision, the more difficult it will be to register for a full schedule or make adjustments.
- Students may not mix modalities and take both online and Flex courses (American Sign Language, Honors Theses, Directed Studies, Internships, and Student Teaching are the only courses open to both Online and Flex students).
- All students taking Flex courses are required to have proof of flu shots and negative COVID-19 tests prior to beginning any classes in person. Students need to plan for this when changing to Flex courses.
- If you are changing from Online-Only to Flex and wish to move into campus housing, please contact Housing and Residential Education at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibility of finding a room assignment. If you are transitioning from Flex to Online-Only, you will want to contact them ASAP via email to make arrangements to pick up or arrange for any belongings left in your room. They will schedule a time for you to be escorted to your space to pack your belongings, or connect you with a company that can pack, ship, or store your belongings at your expense. Rooms need to be completely vacant by January 20. Students with items left in a room after January 20 will be subjected to a fine, and if unresponsive, items will be considered abandoned and will be disposed of.
- Students contemplating taking a Leave of Absence must contact the Office of Student Success at email@example.com before attending any classes and/or moving into a Residence Hall to avoid any financial obligations or penalties.
We are here to assist you and wish you a successful semester.
The Registrar’s Office
The Academic Advising Center
The Office of Student Success