Emerson College announces several new virtual education and entertainment offerings this spring, as the College continues to transition to online learning and engagement due to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
The Emerson community continues to share examples of school spirit on social media with the hashtag #EmersonEverywhere. Additional and one-time events can be viewed via https://today.emerson.edu/events/.
Virtual ongoing offerings:
- Bright Lights at Home: The restructured film series online includes eight titles that are available on Netflix or Hulu. Live moderated conversations with directors and scholars for each film will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7PM beginning on April 7.
- Howlround Theatre Commons: A free and open-sourced platform for theatremakers worldwide, with ongoing online livestreamed events. A recent Artists In a Time of Global Pandemic (ASL & Captioned) event had record views.
- Social Justice Center Facebook Live: On Fridays at noon, the Center hosts live SJC LIVE, a virtual space for expanding individual and collective capacities to manifest transformative social change.
- E3 Online Expo: Held every spring, Emerson’s entrepreneurship program holds an annual pitch competition event celebrating creativity in business. Students showcase their ventures and compete for monetary awards and donated services to help launch their business. Date TBA.
- Career Development Center Fair: An Online Career Guide, featuring company descriptions, links to their website, and links to all of their open positions. Students only.
- Religious Life Wisdom Wednesdays: An online half-hour weekly gathering of meditation, spiritual practices, music, and meditative silence. This weekly gathering with live music provides a sacred pause in the middle of busy Emerson lives. Open to all students, faculty, and staff.
- Picture Yourself at Emerson: Virtual tours, curated video content, real Emerson student stories, webinars and information sessions, and more is available for prospective students.
- Fitness Center: Sharing workout from home tips via Twitter.
- First Gen Virtual Friday: Wellbeing Tips & Resources: Discussions of how to manage your mental, physical, and emotional wellbeing. Students only.
- Inclusive Book Campaign for Boston Public High School: On the Same Page was created and run by students enrolled in the Nonprofit Fundraising Campaigns course. All are invited to help this campaign achieve its goal to send 200 inclusive books to New Mission High School in Boston through June 30.
About Emerson College
Based in Boston, Massachusetts, opposite the historic Boston Common and in the heart of the city’s Theatre District, Emerson College educates individuals who will solve problems and change the world through engaged leadership in communication and the arts, a mission informed by liberal learning. The College has 3,780 undergraduates and 670 graduate students from across the United States and 50 countries. Supported by state-of-the-art facilities and a renowned faculty, students participate in more than 90 student organizations and performance groups. Emerson is known for its experiential learning programs in Los Angeles, Washington, DC, the Netherlands, London, China, and the Czech Republic as well as its new Global Portals, with the first program launching this fall in Paris. The College has an active network of 39,000 alumni who hold leadership positions in communication and the arts. For more information, visit emerson.edu.